Friday, August 21, 2009

1st Day of School

Yesterday was the first day of FIRST Grade. Analise was nervous and so was Mom! Once I showed her around her classroom and found her desk...she was happy as a clam! "This is great", I thought! Until about 11:30 and the baby I watch was napping and it was quiet and I mean quiet in my house! "What do I do?" I thought. And then the tears started flowing! I was so sad that she was gone and I didn't know what to do without my best friend! Luckily my sister helped me through the tears and I was able to accomplish something that day...even if it was a banner that said "Welcome Home Analise" and a trip to Target for a little gift for her 1st day. Yes I am a pathetic mom! But I know it will get easier and I will eventually enjoy my time! When she came home it was so perfect because she loved everything about her day! Yeah! Happy 1st day of school everyone!

2 comments:

Loren said...

I thought about you a lot that day...i should have called you!! I know it is so bittersweet...your little girl is growing up and so fast. She looks so cute all ready for school and I am glad that she is liking it. Now think...you will have lots of time to keep up on your blog, emails and facebook, hahah!!!

Adam, Hilly, Wes and Meg said...

I'm glad you both made it through the first day! If you really want to cry about a 1st day of school visit my friends blog. http://weedsseeds.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't know her it's amazing!